Friday, 25 September 2009

How Do You Convince Someone of Love?

Just like the title asks... How on earth do you convince someone you love them?

Or I suppose a better questions is - how do you make someone realise they ARE loveable?

The man I worship cannot understand the depth of feeling I have for him and it's useless explaining. He doesn't see it. He can't see how sweet, kind, thoughtful, intelligent.... I can go on for hours listing his attributes but no one can know unless they know him.

I thought at one time it was a lack of self esteem - now I know that isn't it. He has esteem when he needs it. There is a small pool somewhere inside him he draws on when necessary. But it is as though he cannot see himself through someone else's eyes - which is difficult at the best of times but I believe MOST people can do it now and then.

Hmmm. How do you PROVE it to someone? Tattoo? A huge tattoo of his name across my boobs or buttocks? I don't think so, that tends to be an instant curse on a relationship.

A Hallmark card doesn't really cut it.

Skywriting is too expensive.

I can't have children so I cant present him with the ultimate symbol of our union....

How do I do it?

1 comment:

  1. I think you show him by being RIGHT by his side for all the things that come along...good and bad. And honestly, I think he knows. I really do!
    Becky

    ReplyDelete